function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ilauderilauder 

VB API generating expired password errors logging in with a newly reset password

I have a Word VBA application that logins into to salesforce via the VB API passing in the userid, pwd and token.

Its been working for years no problem on all versions of Windows XP to 8, Word 2003 to 2013.

But now I have one customer from the UK who keeps getting an error searching (they get connected okay), and I've tested their userid, pwd and token here in the US and get the same errors.

They swear they have updated their password and token mulitple times, and since it connects, they seem to be legit.   Ive never seen this error message except in cases where the password has actually expired and logging into salesforce via the web makes you change your password.

The SF error message returned when executing the search API call is:

Unable to search SalesForce.com database. SalesForce error: # -2147467259. Check that your SalesForce.com account password has not expired.

As mentioned this users has just reset their password and token multiple times trying to get past this error.  And when entering the new userid, pwd and token it does connect without errors.  It just keeps generating errors doing the search function.

Is there any other issue with salesforce.com or the VB API that would cause this error even if the password and token have just been reset?