function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prithirajprithiraj 

Connecting salesforce page with SQLserver Data.

Hi,

I have a ASP.NET application, currently its in the server. I have created a salesforce developer account, and built a visualsource page, I need to display some rows from a SQL server database, currently residing in a server.

Please, let me know, what are the steps I should take to achieve this goal.

Regards

Prithiraj Sengupta

kxa422kxa422

From a VF page you can access to the Salesforce database directly. 

You can transfer your information from your database to the one you've define in SalesForce to be accessible from your VF page.

prithirajprithiraj

Hello

No, this isn't the requirement right now. I need to display a table from SQL server to SF page.

Regards
Prithiraj

SuperfellSuperfell

You can copy the data into SF, and show it from there, or you can expose a web service on your sql server box (or a box that can connect to it), and call it from apex to get the data to display. The web service could be soap/wsdl based, or basic xml over http. the apex docs has more info on info (look for callouts)

prithirajprithiraj

Hello

Yes, I am able to display the data from SQL server through WebService Callout from SF page. I will detail the things here.

Thanks

Prithiraj Sengupta

asp .netasp .net

will you pls tell me the code and step by step process how to do the things .i want to do exactly the same thing pls tell me the process....if possible with the code.

URVASHIURVASHI

hey could you please show us the sample code using webservice,how did u get sql data to salesforce.

Please help.

Thanks.

SFC7SFC7
Can you let me know anyone how to accomlpish this?

Thanks!