function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CKGCKG 

Workflow for email section

Hi,

am creating a workflow rule for case emails , such that any email coming in from the customer which gets into sfdc, a email alert should go out for the support team as per the template. I was able to create the workflow rule but it has only option for field update and not email update. so how to sort this out.thanks in advance for the help

Regards,

Gowtham

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

Hi CKG,

What do you want to do? Send an email alert via a workflow? For that you need to make use of "Workflow action" - "New Email Alert" . Is this option not available?

Do let me know what is the issue being faced by you.

CKGCKG

Yes, I want to create a email action, I have created workflow rule with email section object. But when adding the workflow action, I didn't get the option to add email alert action, the only action am able to add is field update. This happen only when I create a workflow with email section. Not sure if its a limitation or something am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Gowtham

Sridhar BonagiriSridhar Bonagiri

Hi,

Once you created the workflow with proper conditions you will get an option to 'specify workflow actions' in that section 

click on 'Add Workflow Action' button you will find 'New Email Alert' option to add 'Email'

Sridhar Bonagiri