function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Newbie - TomNewbie - Tom 

Urgent - Convert Lead to Opportunity only

Is it possible to adjust settings or do anything really that would allow me to have leads converted to  opportunities without account creation and then create the account from the opportunity if it progresses to teh account creation stage?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

There aren't any settings that would allow you to do this.  I reckon you'd have to write some code that creates an opportunity from the lead, but in that case you wouldn't be actually converting the lead, so you'd miss out on any standard functionality.

Could you create a dummy holding account and convert all leads to opportunities on that account, then change the account once the opportunity reaches its appropriate stage?

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

There aren't any settings that would allow you to do this.  I reckon you'd have to write some code that creates an opportunity from the lead, but in that case you wouldn't be actually converting the lead, so you'd miss out on any standard functionality.

Could you create a dummy holding account and convert all leads to opportunities on that account, then change the account once the opportunity reaches its appropriate stage?

This was selected as the best answer
Newbie - TomNewbie - Tom

Bob,

I have reviewed solutions from several other sources but I think this is the best one. "Opportunity Holdings" has just been added as a new account to our system! :-)