function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ZTZT 

Contact Contract Junction Object. No data?

I created a custom junction object, called ContatContract, between the Contact and Contract objects. On ContactContract I created a lookuprelationhip field to the Contact object and another to the Contract objet. The related list label on the Contact lookup field is "Contracts" and the one on Contract is "Contacts". Both were added to the appropriate page layout.  In the Contact object page layout, in the Contracts related list section I selected Contact from the "available fields" list and for the Contract page layout I selected Contact. Now both Contact and Contract object contain data. When I refreshed contract I  was looking at I expected see all the contacts that were on the contract. All I got was "No record to display" in the "Contacts" related list section. The same when I selected a contact. Nothing under the Contracts related list. Shouldn't there be data since the main object are already populated?

Thanks.

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

First of All I will suggest tyou a Master Detail Relationship than lookup for junction. Then How do you have contact and contract in respective related list of other as they are not directly connected.You will only get junction object related list in both places. One more thing that conract native object has a lookup for contact, please don't get confused with it's related list. TO get data in related list you have to have reference field filled with id of the records to refer. Please check do you have id in reference fields or not.