function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KaziKazi 

How to upload File size more than 5 MB

Hi all,

I have a custom objects named Editfile__c. When I upload a file it store in the notes & attachments section. Now I can upload upto 5MB. How can I upload file more than 5MB size

Plz help me........................

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Find below the standrd salesforce file size limits :

- The size limit for an uploaded file to the application is 5MB.

- The maximum size for one or more files attached to emails is 10MB.

- Files larger than 3MB are sent as links rather than directly attached.

- Attachments in Emails to two or more recipients are sent as links.

For further enhancements and clarifications, you can contact support@salesforce.com

Hope this helps.

Stock Market CollegeStock Market College

Hi

We would like to upload audio files, but are restricted to 5MB.  We use Pamela via Skype.  How can we upload larger audio files - the largest is 8MB.  Our calls are recorded and it is vital to our business to be able to attach the recordings to our client records.

Thank you

Zelda

namannaman
In order to do so you need to use 3rd party storage for saving the file (use java or python that run the script for uploading that much large file).However you won't be to upload such a large file through browser due to network bandwidth issue.

I would like to recommend ready to use Salesforce App-exchange Native App Cloud Drop in order to store any number and size of files that can be associated with any salesforce object. Cloud Drop is One such App that is some what following the same logic in order to store any number and size of files that can be associated with any salesforce object with Rackspace server.

Please check the following link for more information:

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000003IzEDEA0

However this app can upload larger file to server (>100 GB) using the same logic as i described you above.
You can check out the link

http://www.mansasys.com/clouddrop

Thanks

Naman Bhardwaj.