function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jaxdmasterjaxdmaster 

On-demand

Hi,

I'm new to cloud development. Whenever and wherever I read about cloud computing, i find 'on-demand' word. What does it mean in context of cloud. Can anyone put more light on it.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Cloud computing is a model for enabling convenient network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction. Because this frame work is such that you can build any application from 0 to 60% very rapidly ( almost on demand ). Just need to add your business logic. Thats why you see 'on-demand'  word every where.

I hope it will help you understand the word on-demand in reference to cloud computing.

All Answers

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Cloud computing is a model for enabling convenient network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction. Because this frame work is such that you can build any application from 0 to 60% very rapidly ( almost on demand ). Just need to add your business logic. Thats why you see 'on-demand'  word every where.

I hope it will help you understand the word on-demand in reference to cloud computing.

This was selected as the best answer
ANKITAANKITA

Hi

Its too hard.

Can you please tell me in simple words.

Thanks,

Ankita

rahulrocksrahulrocks

The on-demand delivery model is also known as Software As a Service, or SaaS.It provides significant benefits to businesses. On-demand means software that is made available to the user via the internet, where the service provider (or hosting company) is responsible for managing the software and its availability.

Some Benefits are:

1.Faster Deployments

2.Financially Beneficial

3.No Servers or software to Maintain

4.New functionality without software Upgrades

5.Always on the latest Version