function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saai.gane@salesforce.comsaai.gane@salesforce.com 

Access for Standard button

Hi,

I need to have a button in my case list view page such that by selecting some cases and  clicking on that button will change the status to cancelled.

When I checked there was already a functionality in salesforce like Standard buttons.

You can go to Setup-->Cases--->Search Layouts--->Case List View where you can find the standard buttons.

I enabled the 'Change Status' checkbox and now the button is visible for me as I am a System admin but not for others.

Can you please tell me how to make this available for other profile users.

Regards,

Sai

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SarfarajSarfaraj

The profile/user should have "Manage Cases" permission enabled to use this feature. Additionally this feature required the user to have read, create, edit and delete permission on cases.

All Answers

SarfarajSarfaraj

The profile/user should have "Manage Cases" permission enabled to use this feature. Additionally this feature required the user to have read, create, edit and delete permission on cases.

This was selected as the best answer
Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello Sai,

Please check if the user's profile has "Manage cases" permission enabled. If not, then edit their profile and check "manage cases".

Kamatchi Devi SargunanathanKamatchi Devi Sargunanathan

Hi,

To make this possible, follow the below steps,

• Goto profiles> Select your profile for those whom you are going to give the accessibility.
  • Click Edit.
  • In the General User Permissions section click on the checkbox Manage Cases.
  • Check whether the profile has Case object's CRUD permissions as well.
  • Save the profile.
  • Now login to those profile users and check, your button list view functionality is available.

Hope so this helps you...!

Please mark this answer a Solution and please give kudos by clicking on the star icon, if you found this answer as helpful.

saai.gane@salesforce.comsaai.gane@salesforce.com

Hi ,

Thanks for your answer. I guess it is better to create a permission set instead of changing the Profile.

Suggest me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Sai

Kamatchi Devi SargunanathanKamatchi Devi Sargunanathan

Hi,

Yeah there will be a problem.

Whenever you need some additional permissions assigned for the user, you may go for a permission set. Say for example, if your organisation has more than 100 users and you want to give this permission to 50 users, then you want to include the permission set by going to the each user detail and assign it to them.

In those 50 users, imagine you will have a common profile for 30 users. Then which scenario is better??

For this scenario we can better go for single profile permission to be given in common.

Hope so this helps you...!

Please mark this answer a Solution and please give kudos by clicking on the star icon, if you found this answer as helpful.