function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
King KooKing Koo 

"Available for Customer Portal" Where is it??

Hi there

I'm really puzzled.  In the environment that I'm in, I have enabled customer portal.  Yet when I look at the custom object definition, I do not see the checkbox "Available for Customer Portal".

In my test sandbox the checkbox is there.

The objects that I'm talking about were actually created after the customer portal has been enabled.

What am I missing?

Thanks

King

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

hi King,

I checked Communities is enabled in your ORG:

Behavior of Available for Customer Portal Checkbox on Custom Objects Changes if Communities is Enabled

If you turn on Communities in your organization, the Available for Customer Portal checkbox on custom objects no longer appears and all custom objects are available for use in your communities.

If, before enabling Communities, you had a Customer Portal and custom objects that didn't have the Available for Customer Portal checkbox selected, those objects become available for use in your Customer Portal.

Please go to the Customer Portal setting and Customize the Portal tabs to add the custom object tab to the portal.

All Answers

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi King,

Ideally the check box  should be available under the Optional features when you try to edit a custom object definition as shown below:

Optional Features

Allow Reports
Allow Activities
Available for Customer Portal
Track Field History

But as you mentioned that it is not availble - could you please provide me the following to check the ORG setting:

1)You ORG ID

2)USername

3)login access to salesforce support for the next 7 days

You can provide me this info through a personal message.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I am able to see this on my custom object Class. Can you please expose screen shot of edit mode of yout custom object.

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

hi King,

I checked Communities is enabled in your ORG:

Behavior of Available for Customer Portal Checkbox on Custom Objects Changes if Communities is Enabled

If you turn on Communities in your organization, the Available for Customer Portal checkbox on custom objects no longer appears and all custom objects are available for use in your communities.

If, before enabling Communities, you had a Customer Portal and custom objects that didn't have the Available for Customer Portal checkbox selected, those objects become available for use in your Customer Portal.

Please go to the Customer Portal setting and Customize the Portal tabs to add the custom object tab to the portal.

This was selected as the best answer
John KlokJohn Klok
Hello,
I recommended to Salesforce WordPress Customer Portal (https://www.crmjetty.com/salesforce-wordpress-customer-portal.htm)