function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDCFunSFDCFun 

Force.com IDE installation error in Eclipse Kepler

Hi Developers....

I am new to Salesforce developement.

So i installed the Force.com IDE in Eclipse Kepler but when i try to add new VF page it will give error

Error: Unable to check visual force page permission.INVALID USERNAME, PASSWORD, SECURITY TOKEN OR USER LOCKED OUT.

so how i solve this error and start the developement in offline mode in eclipse kepler.

Regards,

Rupam

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
While giving your username and password, try appending your security token along with your password.

PasswordSecurityToken

If you do not have a security token you can get one through the Salesforce setup> Reset Security Token

Regards,
Satish Kumar
SFDCFunSFDCFun

Hi...

I done all those things but still m facing this problem.

Regards,

Rupam

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Are you trying to connect as a Salesforce Administrator or a standard user. Regards, Satish Kumar
SFDCFunSFDCFun

Hi...

I am using Salesforce Developer edition to learning all those things.

Reagrd,

Rupam

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Well you will have to first create a Force.com Project and thereby download metadata components you wish to download (which obviously can only happen only if you login to salesforce from the IDE).

After that right click on the project and you should get options to create the VF page.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
SFDCFunSFDCFun

I HAVE DONE ALL THOSE THINGS BUT WHEN I GO TO ADD VF PAGE IT WILL SHOW THE ABOVE ERROR(1ST POST MESSAGE)

REGARDS,

RUPAM

Gh0stInAShellGh0stInAShell

Did you ever resolve this?  I am an experienced Salesforce developer, but am having the same problem connecting in Kepler. 

I can see in my login history that it tried to connect and got invalid password.  If I don't append the token to my password it says that the token is missing instead.  I have verified that the username is correct and the password as well.  I have reset the token and reset the password while trying to fix this.  I am going to try Juno instead and see if it fixes the problem, but was wondering if anyone made headway.

abhijit.dahiyaabhijit.dahiya

Was anyone able to fix the issue, I am also facing the same problem in Kepler while trying to login into Sandbox.