+ Start a Discussion
SFDC_RJSFDC_RJ 

Email approval setup .

I am trying to enable email approvals . I have enable it in settings ,created a email template . I get the email but when I reply back to approve it doesnot update . Am I missing something . 

Thanks

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

Approval requests can be responded to by e-mail, if configured to do so in the Salesforce CRM application.

To setup email approvals follow the instructions below.

1. Click on:

Setup | Create | Workflow & Approvals | Settings

2. Select the "Enable Email Approval Response" check box.

When an Approval request is sent to a user for approval, the user can reply to the request via e-mail by placing one of the following responses in the 1st line of the body of the reply.

Approve
Approved
Yes
Reject
Rejected
No

Optionally, comments can be added in the second line.

The e-mail reply will be sent to a unique e-mail address (in the form of [unique_identifier_string]@workflow.salesforce.com for the production instances) and will be processed by the system to properly update the record. If there is an issue with the e-mail reply, the system will generate a notification error e-mail and send it to the Approver.

Additional information is available via the Help & Training link:
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=what_are_approvals.htm&language=en

Note:
The from address of the Approvers e-mail must match the e-mail configured for the user record.

SFDC_RJSFDC_RJ
Thank you