function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
troungertrounger 

Regarding how display different fields when i choose a option in a picklist in standerd page

Hi

guys

this is harsha 

i am trying to to dispaly diffrent fields on diffrent picklist option like assume that i have contact object consit of 30 fields and i have diffrent views like school contacts, working contacts etc... now if i choose school conatcts on the view i have  to dispaly only  10 fields in page so remaining fields in page has to be in hidden and if i choose  working conatcts i have display 25 fields so remaining 5 fields has to be in hidden 

here is another example

i have two diffrent types of leads like “Personal” or “Commercial”. This field exists today. When he selects  Personal in the dropdown, he expects to see a set of fields. When he selects Commercial a different set of fields should show up.

so how can i achieve this in SF.

please anyone let me know how i can achive this

Regards,

Harsha

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Harsha, 

You can create multiple list views - in each list view you can add and remove the Fields (columns) you want to display. 

Go to Contacts Object | Click on Create New View | enter the details and follow the wizard | Save. 

http://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customviews.htm&language=en_US

Regards,

Ashish

troungertrounger

Hi ashish 

multiple list view wont solve my problem list view displays the how many records and what are the records we want to display its only for displays fields on the front end but if click  on edit every field will available there I need to display some fields when I click on personal view and I need to display some fields when I click on commercial view 

Guys please need information about ASAP please let me know if anybody knows about it

Regs,

Harsha

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC