function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aboydaboyd 

Email not being sent on leads via API?

Someone recently asked this in the .Net forum. I need to ask the same question, but in regards to PHP:

We have created a Workflow to email us when a lead is updated and meets a certain criteria. This triggers fine when done through the Salesforce front-end, but not through the API. Does email not trigger through the API?

On the .Net forum, the answer from Simon was that email does trigger, nothing special needed. However, the Sales team I work for says they do NOT get email with API-driven forms. But they DO get email with Web-to-lead forms. Obviously, something is wrong. The question is, what needs fixing?

(Disclaimer: I'm using the nusoap module, and I do have Lead Assignment Rules working -- so the lead is routing properly, but no one is being notified of the leads coming in.)

-Tony
SuperfellSuperfell
Are the WF rules based on formula fields ? if so that won't correctly fire via the API, this is fixed in the upcoming Winter release.
Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)
It does state somewhere in the documentation that email will not be triggered when using the API. I found it after trying to get it to work for a day or so.
bildbild
Simon,

Any idea when that winter release might be coming? I've simulated Auto-Response rules in my scripts by sending emails, I might want to comment that out after the fix is in. :)

b
SuperfellSuperfell
the CRMSuccess blogs says its live by Monday 9th Jan

http://blog.crmsuccess.com/crmsuccess/2005/12/top_5_things_to.html#more

ALthough i'm not sure we're talking about the same issue. The problem with workflow not firing correctly via the API when the WF rules use formula fields is fixed. Nothing to do with the API triggering email has changed.
SuperfellSuperfell
There are also different types of emails asociated with leads. emails that are WF actions should get triggered when the WF fires via the API. Lead assigment emails & Auto Response Emails don't fire via the API. (Additional soap headers that let you control this behavour are coming, after winter 06)
bildbild
Yes, we are using auto response rules, so we greatly look forward to your next release. Please keep us posted. By the way, the Winter release looks pretty cool.