function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlokVAlokV 

While editing previous oppty, picklist shows all stage values being assgnd diff sales processes

Hi,

I have two sales processes (for opportunity stage) and two record types.

Sales process1                   Recrd type1   (A,B,C piclist value earlier) 

Sales process2                   Recrd type2   (D,E added ---> now satge picklist is A,B,C,D,E)

I have the sales process1 ealier setup and created Sales process2 recently.

Now when I create new opportunities, I have no issue. But when I go to edit previous opportunties for Sales process1, it shows all the picklist values.

I don't want to show D,E picklist values in previous opportunities edit page but only A,B,C.

How this can be achieved and Can someone please help ? 

Thanks,

Alok

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Alok, 

Navigate to the Record Types section of the Object in question under the Customize menu.
For example, if you want to change the picklist values for certain Case record types, navigate to App Setup | Customize | Opportunity | Record Types,
Select the record type that you want to make changes in and all the available picklists for that record type will be deplayed.
Click the Edit button for the picklist that you want to make changes in.

Regards,
Ashish
AlokVAlokV

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is bit different. I have two page layouts and want to display different picklist values for Stage field. As you know, it needs two sales processes and two record types. I have done that and assigned different record type to different page layouts. 

But now the issue is, when I go to edit stage of previouls created opportunties, It shows up all the picklist values let say 5 while I want to show up only trhee picklist values A,B,C which were earlier there for record type.

If I create new opportunity for the previous record type, then it shows only shows A,B,C which is correct. But while editing, it shows up the whole stage master list.

Hope I am able to explain the problem.  Thanks!

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Alok, 

When creating a record type, you will notice that in the section titled: "Picklists available for editing" the Stage field (when creating an opportunity record type) or the Status field (when creating a case record type) are not listed in this section.  This is because the business process that you define for the record type will automatically determine which picklist values are available for the stage/status field. 

If you want to modify what picklist values are available for the Stage/Status field for a particular record type, you can do so by creating another business process. Once you have created this business process you will associated it to the record type upon creation or edit.

Regards,

Ashish

AlokVAlokV

Hi Ashish,

I have done exactly the same. But when I go to edit opportunities which were created earlier, it shows the complete picklist A,B,C,D,E even after selecting A,B,C only picklist from "Picklists available for editing" list fo the first record type (RecordType1).

It works fine if I create new opportunty for first record type  (only three pciklist values A,B,C) but if I edit opportunities for the Record type1 which weere created earlier , picklist shows up A,B,C,D,E.

What I feel like sales processes work for only new opportunties but not fir the earlier created opportunties.

I am looking for a work around so that while editing earlier created oportunities, only A,B,C shows up.

Thanks for your help!

Regadrs,

Alok

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Alok, 

I was unable to get any information - ie. any document or article regarding this behavior, kindly log a Support case for further investigation. 

And also, if  possible post here if you found any workaround or solution which will benefit the Salesforce community. 

Regards,

Ashish

karthiksaivkarthiksaiv

Hi,

As per the requirement and salesforce resources its beter to have two differnt picklist fields(1.A,B,C 2.D,E ), one for each recordType.

Hide one field from corresponding recordType.

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Karthik, 

We can have one field in multiple record types and the Picklist values can be different according to the record type, here its working fine for the new opportunities that are being created but the problem is when the old records are edited for those fields - they are able to see all the picklist values. 

At the time the old records were created there was only 1 record type or similar. 

Regards,

Ashish

AlokVAlokV

Thanks Ashish for your help.

I did not find any work around. I would log a support case as suggested by you. This seems like a salesforce bug to me.

AlokVAlokV

Hi Karthiksaiv,

Two picklist fields would not help my cause. I have created two sales processes for standard field Stage picklist. Everything works fine for new opportunities but I edit earlier created opportunuties, whole picklisat shows up what Ashish has also explaied below.

Regards,

Alok

Danielle TDanielle T
I just set up 2 sales processes and 2 record types and am having the same issue. Did you figure out why the picklist values for both processes are showing?
dfreemsdfreems
I am having the same issue - existing opportunities are shows stages for multiple record types.    How do I remove the unrelated stages from the opportunity?

Mark KlinskiMark Klinski
For anyone encountering this bug, try creating a brand new Sales Process (using "Master" as the existing sales process) and then associate that with the Record Type in question. That worked for me when I ran into this.
Alex Gaskin 15Alex Gaskin 15
Mark, this worked perfectly. Thank you
Francesco ScarioloFrancesco Scariolo
That worked for me as well Mark, great tip!
This might be a Salesforce bug...
Jordan HicksJordan Hicks
Can anyone provide any insight on this? I created a new sales process (using Master as the existing) and associated that with the record type, and I am still having existing opportunities show stages for multiple record types.
Akshith PatlollaAkshith Patlolla

For me it was a different issue , the record type was not taking the new sales process values, Providing an insight if it may help.

i was not having an issue in dev environment but once it was deployed to Next environment the Record type with the new sales process was not picking up the correct value. So had to manually change the business process to another one and back to the correct one for the record Type and it worked!