function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ericmonteericmonte 

Salesforce API Request, last 24 hours question

can someone tell me if standard DML and trigger counts as part of the SFDC API Request limit? I'm just confused what's counts as an API Request.

I am reading this doc:

https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=integrate_api_rate_limiting.htm&language=en#rate_limits_title

and it doesnt help much. Hopefully anyone can give me some insight on this.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
CheyneCheyne

Triggers do not count toward your API limits, nor do DML operations caused by actions through the user interface. API limits are only counted against when you have explicity logged in through the API (typically from an external application, such as with a systems integration).

All Answers

CheyneCheyne

Triggers do not count toward your API limits, nor do DML operations caused by actions through the user interface. API limits are only counted against when you have explicity logged in through the API (typically from an external application, such as with a systems integration).

This was selected as the best answer
ericmonteericmonte

That's what I thought. What about if an external application updates something in a record that triggers a DML operation. The trigger and DML would not count for API request but the initial API request to SFDC and updating a record would count, right?

Thanks

CheyneCheyne

Yep, that's correct, only the initial API request would count against API limits.

ErikNelke1ErikNelke1
I may have a related issue -

We have a job that uses Pragmatic Works Task Factory to make a call to Salesforce and export a group of tables to SQL and make an update to two fields in SF.  The job runs ok  for the most part but we are seeing it fail at 12 midnight and 4 am but not on any specific days. The other four daily calls run without issue.

Does anyone know if SF is doing something on their end that may cause that to happen at those times? or is it a limit?
Divya Chary 17Divya Chary 17
Hello, I would like to understand if viewing the debug logs counts against the limit, my user is not used in any integrations, but I can see a lot of calls logged against my user each day. Please advise.