function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John BraunJohn Braun 

So frustrated! Cannot figure javascript button problem out!!!

Hello,

I am completely stuck at the moment.

I have a onclick javascript button in two different sandboxes. In one sandbox, it works perfectly fine. In the other sandbox, it returns an error, "unexpected identifier".

For the one that returns the error, I have checked the URL link/field IDs separate from the javascript code, and it works perfectly fine. I have no idea what this could be!! I would greatly appreciate it if someone could take a look at both buttons and tell me what is wrong! Thanks so much!

Button that IS working:

if ('{!Quote.Active_Revision__c}' == true) { 
alert("The previous revision or original quote request is still being processed."); 

else 

window.location = '/a0K/e?CF00NJ00000015TM0={!Quote.Name}&CF00NJ00000015TM0_lkid={!Quote.Id}&CF00NJ00000015TMf={!Quote.Opp_Name__c}&00NJ00000015TMg={!Quote.Proposal_Number__c}&saveURL=%2F{!Quote.Id}'; 
}

Button that is NOT working - it returns an "unexpected identifier" error:

if ('{!Quote.Active_Revision__c}' == true) { 
alert("The previous revision or original quote request is still being processed."); 

else 

window.location ='/a0K/e?CF00NZ0000000ouW3={!Quote.Name}&CF00NZ0000000ouW3_lkid={!Quote.Id}&CF00NZ0000000ouWE={!Quote.Opp_Name__c}&00NZ0000000ouWF={!Quote.Proposal_Number__c}&saveURL=%2F{!Quote.Id}'; 
}

Dhaval PanchalDhaval Panchal
I have tried your code, both are perfect. Please remove everything for second and write your code again (do not copy). Might be some character is causing this issue.