function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mandycmandyc 

Clone entire Salesforce environment

I am looking to create an exact clone of our production Salesforce instance into a new, completely separate enterprise instance of Salesforce. I would like everything to clone over such as custom objects, fields, triggers, workflows, apex classes, visualforce pages, etc. Has anyone been through a similar situation? I'm looking for all and any advice on the easiest way to complete this task.

Thank you in advance!!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AdrianCCAdrianCC

Hi,

1. Create a project in Eclipse(Force.com IDE) or the Ant Tool for your current instance.

2. Extract all the metadata(select all components).

3. Create a project for the destination org in Eclipse

4. Copy over the metadata to that org's folder, refresh in eclipse and save

Ty,

Adrian 

All Answers

AdrianCCAdrianCC

Hi,

1. Create a project in Eclipse(Force.com IDE) or the Ant Tool for your current instance.

2. Extract all the metadata(select all components).

3. Create a project for the destination org in Eclipse

4. Copy over the metadata to that org's folder, refresh in eclipse and save

Ty,

Adrian 

This was selected as the best answer
mandycmandyc

Thank you, Adrian. As far as you know, will this copy everything? Even custom fields, reports, dashboards, etc?

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Yes, you will be shown a list of all such components.
You can choose what to copy or select all to copy everything (which includes custom objects and fields, reports, dashobards also).

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.