function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BenzingaBenzinga 

Sending a reminder from a custom object

Is it possible to send a reminder from a custom object? I want to create a custom object that acts like tasks, but for another custom object, a customer database.

Please advise me how to do this?

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Yes we have also used a custom object as task . You can use a workflow rule to send reminder (email notification) on creation of record for that object. You can use email alert , time base actions in workflow rule to achieve your objective.

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

I don't think sending reminder from "Custom" object is possible natively (yes you can use task). But you can write apex code for you object which will send data of your object records in email (as reminder) and act as a database object for others.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

SFDC_LearnerSFDC_Learner

When we create inserting a new record into object, we can send an email alert.

This acts as a reminder.

just goto Email Templates -> Create a new Email Template. (while creating email template you can also attach files)

Now goto Develop-> workflows -> and create a new workflow rule -> here you can select your Email Template-> Select the criteria that indicates the criteria for sending an alert-> select the specific user  -> Activate your Workflow Rule.

If this not solves your problem, Let me know.