function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aquelleraqueller 

Custom buttons in tab view

I have created a custom object. The tab view (all records) list comes with three system assigned buttons:

- New $object

- Change owner

- Refresh.

I want to add another custom button for multi-record delete, as mass delete works only with standard objects.

When editing the page layout, it only allows modifying the displayed fields, but no custom buttons.

Where would I find the definition of the buttons that are being displayed?

Can I add a custom 'delete' button?

Thanks,

aqueller

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Setup > App Setup > Create > Objects > Click your custom Object > Custom Button and Links > Here you can create List Button which will be displayed on the tab view.

Make sure you check "Display Checkboxes (for Multi-Record Selection)" to operate the action on all records selected.

Again go to Setup > App Setup > Create > Objects > Click your custom Object  > Search Layouts and edit the List View and add your new button.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

All Answers

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Setup > App Setup > Create > Objects > Click your custom Object > Custom Button and Links > Here you can create List Button which will be displayed on the tab view.

Make sure you check "Display Checkboxes (for Multi-Record Selection)" to operate the action on all records selected.

Again go to Setup > App Setup > Create > Objects > Click your custom Object  > Search Layouts and edit the List View and add your new button.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

This was selected as the best answer
aquelleraqueller

Thank you

CasselJCasselJ
This is so old it doesnt work. WHere can we get information for the new decade

Michelle GuevarraMichelle Guevarra
I do have almost a similar question though mine is like we want to have a print button that would only print a detail page of a certain tab on a lightning page layout. can this be accomplished?