function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lemondashlemondash 

Contacts tab

I'm still very new to Salesforce.com/Force.com.

Currently working on my companies salesforce project.  Its seems that there is no delete button for me to delete a contact or there is no option to move a contact to a different account.

I have search the wonderful internet and have seen posts that have mention to check the permissions but i have full permssion to the whole of teh tabs.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Lee

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi 

On your profile you need to have permission on Contact object that is delete permission on Contact

then only you can be able to delete the Contact.

Thanks

lemondashlemondash

I'm under the impression i already have that selected.

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Please check the Contact Page Layout that is assigned for you,whether delete button is present on

Page Layout if not then drag the Buuton and place it on pagelayout.

lemondashlemondash

Ok i have done that and it still shows me the delete button is there.  i can even click the "Preview as" button at the top and shows the delete button.

srikeerthisrikeerthi

1.Is that the Same page layout assigned for your profile?Check whether you have record types on Contact

and the Page Layout Assignment for your Profile of  that Record Type.

2.Check out whether there are any overrides for Conatct Tab or Contact View.

lemondashlemondash

thanks for that i'm getting somewhere. Happy days.

So i need amend one of the Visual force pages ?

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi

Please mark it as a solution if it resolves your problem so that 

it benefits other.

Thanks

lemondashlemondash

Srikeerthi,

Many aplogies for my bad forum antics.

I'm still unsure that it will solve my issue, i can see that there is a page thats over righting the default contacts page.

But i can view the visual force page code but can't amend it, it seem that it was install via package, so my next mission to solve is how do i get the package or amend the package.

Any help on that would be great.

Thanks Lee

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Delete the Override for the View  on Contact object. go to Contact->Buttons and Links

and click on View and select no override(use default) then you will get the default view of 

your contact.