function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aquelleraqueller 

Opportunities for recurring orders

I have an account, for which a contract was negotiated for a one-year period.

During this period, I expect to receive recurring orders, at approximately two months intervals.

Can you suggest what relationship should I create between the account/contract and opportunities,

so that I can show proper values in the sales pipeline?

1. Should I create individual opportunities for each expected P.O?

(advantage: shows correctly in pipeline. Disadvantage: n:1 relationship with contract)

2. Should I create a single opportunity? (benefit: 1:1 relationship with contract.

Disadvantage: how do I show it correctly in the pipeline?)

3. Another method?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
kritinkritin

You need to just develop an On Opportunity trigger here you need to just look into that if current Opportunity is going to be Closed Won stage then create one new Opportunity with Close Date= Current Date + 60 days in the trigger logic.

All Answers

kritinkritin

You should to create multiple Opportunity as per recurring time end will be the Close Date of opportunity,.

aquelleraqueller

Thank you.

Do you have a suggestion how closing one opportunity (stage = closed won) triggers the

automatic generation of a new opportunity 2 months down the line?

kritinkritin

You need to just develop an On Opportunity trigger here you need to just look into that if current Opportunity is going to be Closed Won stage then create one new Opportunity with Close Date= Current Date + 60 days in the trigger logic.

This was selected as the best answer