function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anil sfdcanil sfdc 

salesforce integration with php

hi,  

Please help me salesforce integration with php and also java '

it's urgentttttttttt.

SuperfellSuperfell

You'll have to be more specific. Have you seen all the documentation in the integration section of the technical library ?

ytanakaytanaka

Please make sure what do you want.

anil sfdcanil sfdc

hi,

thanks for the reply,

i need to develop a php page that allows enter some user information,i need to insert these details in SFDC in Person Custom Object.

Create another custom object (called Logs) to store log details regarding Person records created. Create fields to store as much useful data as you see fit within the Log record. (in SFDC).

Please  help me.

Anil.

DavidKYDavidKY

We are developing a php/ html5/css3 application running on our own server.

At this point we would like to be able to connect the mysq database php app on our web server to SF.

Our intention is to have our contacts utilize the php app and portal running on our server and then use the REST API to push contact data into SF so that we can utilize the crm functionality.

Is this possible and if so could you suggest the best method or things to consider?

Thanks,

David

g.engelg.engel

To simplify your question, you want to use the REST API to transfer contact information to Salesforce, right?  That seems like a common use case.  Have you considered switch from MySQL to the Salesforce Database.com?  Then you wouldn't have to deal with REST or any API other than what you already have for SQL.  Salesforce will maintain your database and do backups for you.

http://www.database.com/

DavidKYDavidKY

We have approximately 4,500 active users that are storing documents, images and details.
It was suggested that we use database.com, but from what I understand it would require portal licenses that are $10.00 / user/ month.
In our case that would be 4,500+ portal licenses.
The cost per user us too expensive.
Our thinking is that we can allow the contacts to use the application and portal functionality on our machines and then allow that contact data to be updated in SF data via the API.
Updates made in SF would also be pushed to our machines. 

ie: The customer updates his address on our site and then our SF data would then be updated.

Can this be done?

g.engelg.engel

Someone wiser than I am will have to repond - I was just putting the idea out there.  

This sounds like a good discussion to have with a live sales person.

jucuzoglujucuzoglu

Suggestion.

Look in the app exchange. There are services already out there that will run on a schedule and synchronize data from one data source (i.e. your database) to Salesforce.

So perhaps that runs at midnight every night or more frequently and updates/creates the neccessary records.

Hope that helps.