function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
adamproadampro 

Using Metadata WSDL in Python to Create Objects

Hi,

Does anyone know how/have any advice for using the Metadata WSDL in Python? I know I'm going to have ot use beatbox but I don't know much more than that. I'm trying to use it to create ApexTrigger sObjects. Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

SuperfellSuperfell

Beatbox doesn't include any functionality from the metadata API. Are you trying to create object definitions, or just rows of object data ?

adamproadampro

I'm trying to take information I obtain in a visualforce page and use it to create a trigger. I don't know what object the trigger will be on until the user choses it so I can't create the triggers beforehand. From other people I've talked to, I've heard to do this I'm going to have to use the Metadata WSDL. I've never worked with WSDL files before so this is all new to me.

SuperfellSuperfell

You can use the metadata API (use create or deploy) or the Apex API (compileTrigger), unfortuantly beatbox doesn't support either of those, it just supports the Partner API. You could probably extend it pretty easily to be able to call compileTrigger.