function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vishal Gaddi6Vishal Gaddi6 

API Calls Limit

Hi everyone

I am having a website in a PHP based CMS and i wana link my website with Salefsorce via API..... i am juss worried about the API calls limit because it is a public website..... So if anyone of u hav worked on same project, then let me knw how to handle several login calls frm different or how to login juss once n evry user gets access.... 

Thanx in advance

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You can store the session key on the server and use a shared login, but you'll still have a calls/day limit, so you'll have to be aware of that. Also, beware of long-running queries, as you could easily end up wiping out your API cursors. Using unique logins might be expensive (more so than using a shared login), but you'll get more API calls/day and avoid cursor problems. Even though it's a public site, the limits might not be a big deal. Try to predict the number of page hits you'll get a day, use a moderate caching scheme to help reduce API calls, and only call the database as necessary.

@dsmith_vr@dsmith_vr

Would be great if SFDC would add an API to determine what your API usage relative to your allotment is at any given point in time.

Vishal, you can set an alert notification when your API usage reaches a percentage of your daily alotment that you specify in Setup/Monitoring/API Usage Notification.