function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mroemroe 

Self Service User Authentication

I am trying to develop a custom portal to integrate salesforce data along with some other hardware monitoring information in one portal.  I would like to use the salesforce self service portal user information for authentication, but am unsure if the API is capable of authenticating users this way.

Very new to salesforce.  Any PHP documentation or getting started information other than what is already posted is much appreciated.  For example, a very basic getting started guide using the enterprise wsdl and php would be helpful.
Tran ManTran Man
We've just developed a toolkit (PHP) for Self Service Portal that is currently undergoing internal review.  Stay tuned. 

Regards,

tahitibluetahitiblue
Any update on the availability of this tool kit yet?
Tran ManTran Man
The Self-Service Portal Toolkit for PHP 5 is now on sourceforge.net.  Download from https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=96634&package_id=188531

This toolkit makes it easy to embed the salesforce.com Self-Service Portal within an existing PHP web application. It comes with a sample, Berkeley Frozen Pizza, that demonstrates how a web site can authenticate a user and then seamleslly access the salesforce.com Self-Service Portal seamelessly--all without the need for two sign-ons.

Keep in mind that this is a 0.9.0 release, so feedback is especially welcomed.

Message Edited by Tran Man on 04-27-2006 04:38 PM

tahitibluetahitiblue
Did anything in the winter '06 release cause this toolkit to break?

I Had everything up and working for several months, but after the winter 06 release I'm getting the..

Your session with Salesforce is invalid. It may have timed out or become corrupted in some other way. You may also receive this error if Salesforce has recently updated its security architecture.

I am successfully creating the SSPUser but login is not working.  I am getting the url from the getSSP_URL function so I don't think its calling the wrong server.  Anyone know of a good place to start looking on this one?

--Tim
infinitegioinfinitegio
I can't get the sample to work on my site. already use php on my site, so I just uploaded all of the files. However, when I type the url on the address bar to call  the index.php (of the frozen pizza sample), I get a blank page.

Can someone help me?