function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
farukhdmfarukhdm 

How do i query Opportunity Status

Is there a way to get Opportunity status using SOQL?

Opportunity details page has "Delivery/Installation Status" label that shows current status value.

I need to get this value using SOQL.

Please help!!!

Thanks

Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)

You may want to refer to the web services documentation which contains a full reference to the standard objects, or look at the API name of the field in setup.

Park

farukhdmfarukhdm

Thanx for the reply.

However, i've already tried the API docs.

I inquired the Standard Object for Opportunity and i don't see any field/attribute that corresponds to an opportunity status.

Could you verify once and let me know if I've missed any?

Regards

Farukh D M

The field you're looking for is called StageName. Additionally, if the current stage is one designated as 'Closed', the IsWon flag will indicate the final outcome.

Park

farukhdmfarukhdm

Cool, thanks.

I was under impression that status and stageName are two separate entities, as i see on opportunity details page.

I would really appreciate if you could help me figure out another issue that i've posted regarding opportunity team members.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Perl-PHP-Python-Ruby-Development/Can-t-query-OpportunityTeamMember/td-p/428603

Regards

Farukh D M

The standard Opportunity object does not have a field named status. It's possible that there is a custom field labeled Status in the instance you are working with. You should be able to see this - and it's API name - by looking at the field definition in AppSetup. The standard 'status' field for the Opportunity is 'Stage'. 

Looking back at your original message I see that you are referring to the Delivery/Installation status field which is a custom field that Salesforce provides with some standard installations. As I mentioned, you can find the details of that field in the Fields section of the object definition. I have an organization with that field defined and it's API name is DeliveryInstallationStatus__c.

Park