function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JK84JK84 

Can Salesforce execute a PHP file

Hi,

We want to integrate ckEditor to one of our VF pages, but ckEditor doesn't provide browse file functinality and it has to be custom built or use plugins available.

All the plugins are written in PHP, and we have to provide the path of 2 PHP files in the config file of ckEditor. When tried open the ckEditor plugin running on PHP, browser simply downloads the source file rather than rendering it as HTML?

Any suggestions on what can be done !!

Thanks

JK

AmigoAmigo

Dear JK,

Salesforce cannot host php files but there are work around.

1. Host your PHP with ckEditor on a PHP web site.

2. Use apex:iframe to include above page in your Visualforce page.

3. Write outbound message with session ID to your PHP program  when create or edit. Save the content as a file in PHP web site. Your ckEditor read contents from the file and use the combination of session ID and record ID to identify.

4. Write outbound message with session ID to your another PHP program  when update. This PHP program will call Apex Class with SOSL via Streaming API or REST from outside to update the field value in Salesforce. And delete the file on PHP web site.

It is complex and will suffer from when user edit the same record in different browser tabs.

This is what I think might be close to your question.

If you need some resource to implement, here are my post related to this topic:

Capture Salesforce Outbound Message with a PHP SOAP Listener

Parse XML with namespace by SimpleXML in PHP

Salesforce REST returned in JSON not XML

How to get data in Salesforce from WordPress without authentication?

Wish it helps!

Best regards,

Amigo

CSR471CSR471
I am trying to implement CKeditor in VF. Can you help me if you resolved the issue without making using of any PHP?