function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tschlosstschloss 

Is it nice to login every 5 minutes? (Python/Beatbox)

Hi, 

I am using the Beatbox py library. Using the examples a script creates a new client with a new login every time the skript is called.

My usage pattern will cause a skript to be called every 5 Minutes in average (maybe 2-5 times per minute in rare peaks).

Is this behaviour ok (for SFDC's watchdogs and for the client's performance)?

Are there other patterns to use (e.g. oauth like key retrieval once and no new logins with every call)?

Thanks for comments!

Thomas

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Make it a text field and then add Regex validation rules to avoid anything other than numbers.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Please mark my answer as a solution if it was helpful so it is available to others as a proper solution.
If you felt I went above and beyond, please give me Kudos by clicking on the star icon.
tschlosstschloss
Sorry, I have no idea what you mean? Did you mean to answer to this threat?
MartinHaagenMartinHaagen

Hi tschloss,

logging in on every request shouldn't be a problem - you can do 3600 logins per hour and user. However the login action is resouce intensive and therefor slow. If you want to improve performance you can store the session locally and simply reuse it between your calls. If you do this you need to keep track of the session age or alternativly be able to handle the session from being to old when calling SFDC. 

I have solutions that is doing both. The low traffic sites (less than a call a minute) I simply don't care about storing sessions - higher traffic sites I make sure I store the session. 

I hope this helps!

Martin

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Sorry. Did not mean to add my post to this thread. Please ignore

Regards,
Satish Kumar