function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sushma76sushma76 

Building Custom Web To lead form

Is there a way to create a custom Web To Lead Form using a custom object?

I am not talking about LEADS object.

We have a custom object called - Candidates. I want the data send from Web Form (Careers section) should be send directly into Candidates Custom object.

The Web Form, is PHP based.

What do I need to provide our PHP Developers, so they can program the Web form in such a way, that the data is send over to the Candidates object, instead of LEADS object?

thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Yes, you will have to use the PHP toolkit. This helps your webpage connect to the salesforce servers through SOAP API.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_Toolkit_for_PHP

Regards,
Satish Kumar

All Answers

bvoybvoy

To create custom objects, they should use the PHP API itself. So far as I know Web to XXX is only available for a few default Salesforce objects like Cases and Leads.

A decision your programmers will have to make upfront is whether to use the API specific to your Salesforce instance ("Enterprise") or a general one called "Partner." I think most folks prefer the Partner API, even when they are working with just one Salesforce instance. It's just as capable, and does not need to be manually updated for new objects/changes made on your particular instance.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Yes, you will have to use the PHP toolkit. This helps your webpage connect to the salesforce servers through SOAP API.

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_Toolkit_for_PHP

Regards,
Satish Kumar
This was selected as the best answer
sushma76sushma76

Thanks Bvoy - The programmers are third party company who are managing our website. They are not aware of SFDC programming language at all.

So, I have to explain them exactly what needs to get done in order to get data into a custom object.

They have already integrated a standard Web To Lead Form and the data comes perfectly into LEADS object.

But, now we need same data coming into CUSTOM object called Candidates from a different PHP web form. I have given them a Enterprise WSDL file.

Should I also give them information about PHP toolkit. What exactly do they need to use here ?

thanks

KevlangdoKevlangdo
We would like to have a registration page as well as a feedback page for webinars on our corporate website that sends the data to our Org like the Web2Lead.  However, how do we hide (ensure secrecy) of our login/security token from users and 3rd party developers...OAuth? It has to be transparent for end users (no callback url). Not sure how this works as I have always used the password+token option
MooMasterMooMaster
I've been posting my solution around the net for anyone who is interested. I must have been searching for month and a simple way to do this without using lines of code and force sites.

For anyone that is still interested and looking for a solution, you can find the link below which might help out your org.

http://moometric.com/integrations/sf/wordpress-form-submissions-salesforce-custom-object/