function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ForcecodeForcecode 

Package validation error when uploading managed package

When I try to upload our existing managed package after Spring09 for the first time, I get a package validation error:

>>

Package upload error: There are problems that prevent this package from being uploaded

Problems

Component Type     Name         Problem

Visualforce Page       MyPage      Component c

<<

Thats all the info I get.

We have a custom component embedded into MyPage and the component is included in the package. MyPage is an overridden detail page for a custom object and the component has the allowDML attribute set. The same component is used in another page, but without any parameters.

I have no idea what could cause this or what to do now. It worked before Spring 09.

I hope someone can look into this and give me a clue. Our org Id is 00D3000000063mO if this helps.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ForcecodeForcecode

I successfully uploaded a beta package and the error is gone. I changed nothing on my side.

I think this is solved then. If the error happens again on a release package, I will post again.

All Answers

ASmithASmith

Hi Forcecode,

Can you grant salesforce login access to the org below?  Is "MyPage" a page in your org? 

Also, would you mind if we tried the upload? 

Thanks,

Andrew Smith

Senior Product Manager

salesforce.com 

ForcecodeForcecode

I have sent you a private message.

Thanks.

ForcecodeForcecode

Andrew, any news ?

We have a compatibility issue with the Spring 09 release and our package that I need to get fixed for our customers so I need to upload the package.

Thanks.

ForcecodeForcecode

I successfully uploaded a beta package and the error is gone. I changed nothing on my side.

I think this is solved then. If the error happens again on a release package, I will post again.

This was selected as the best answer