function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Niki_16Niki_16 

Listing a package

My application has passed the salesforce security review and is now available for the listing. But when i check the "Listed" checkbox, it do comes under "Latest Listings" on the home page of "AppExchange" after few minutes but when i search my application, it displays no results, means i am not able to search my application publically. Is there any problem in my packaging or what? Kindly help.

Also, my application(my development application that is being called from within salesforce) is still under some final development, so do these changes be reflected in my salesforce application. I mean can i continue with my development after salesforce security part is over? or i need to resubmit my application for security review once i freeze the development?

One more thing, i have installed my application from an administrator account user. But when other users from this account logs in, they are not able to view/use that application. I have checked through the administrator account, deploy button is disabled. What could be the problem with my package. In my package , there are some custom links and a tab that is calling my application.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

My application has passed the salesforce security review and is now available for the listing. But when i check the "Listed" checkbox, it do comes under "Latest Listings" on the home page of "AppExchange" after few minutes but when i search my application, it displays no results, means i am not able to search my application publically. Is there any problem in my packaging or what? Kindly help.

We use Google for AppExchange searching, as a result, it can take 24-48 hours for Google's next index of our site. Once complete, you're listing will show in search results. 

Also, my application(my development application that is being called from within salesforce) is still under some final development, so do these changes be reflected in my salesforce application. I mean can i continue with my development after salesforce security part is over? or i need to resubmit my application for security review once i freeze the development?

Yes - feel free to continue to develop. We want our partners and developers to continually innovate with Force.com and work on new features, versions, etc. The security review is annual, so just be sure to explain what's new since the last review when it comes time to renew.

One more thing, i have installed my application from an administrator account user. But when other users from this account logs in, they are not able to view/use that application. I have checked through the administrator account, deploy button is disabled. What could be the problem with my package. In my package , there are some custom links and a tab that is calling my application.

You are sure all of the custom objects are deployed, make sure the Deployed checkbox is checked on each of your custom objects? Also , make sure the app is visible and the tabs are on in the desired profiles. 

Best,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

We use Google for AppExchange searching, as a result, it can take 24-48 hours for Google's next index of our site. Once complete, you're listing will show in search results. 

Yes - feel free to continue to develop. We want our partners and developers to continually innovate with Force.com and work on new features, versions, etc. The security review is annual, so just be sure to explain what's new since the last review when it comes time to renew.

You are sure all of the custom objects are deployed, make sure the Deployed checkbox is checked on each of your custom objects? Also , make sure the app is visible and the tabs are on in the desired profiles. 

Best,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
Niki_16Niki_16

Thanks sati. you have been a lot of help to us. Thanks a ton! :)

I am able to search the app, but "get it now" button is not there. so how would an end user install my app and use it?

shillyershillyer

When you edit your listing, there is a required section - Select the type of installation experience for your application - be sure Get It Now is selected and the button should appear. This assumes that you created and uploaded a package when you created your listing.

Hope that helps,

Sati

Niki_16Niki_16
Thanks, you have always been of gr8 help. :)