function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DSLDSL 

Multiple DE/package per Publisher Account

I know the silly rules about one managed package per DE and all.

But if I get 2 DE accounts and each upload, can they share the same one publisher listing on the app exchange? If so, how do you get the managed package from DE2 into the publisher login for DE1.Do we really have to maintain multiple publisher logins on the appexchange as well?

Thanks,

DSL

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
RyanEllisRyanEllis

Admittedly, this is a little complicated so let me see if I can explain through some examples. Suppose you have 2 DE orgs (DE1 and DE2) that have uploaded packages (P1 and P2, respectively). When a user from DE1 logs into AppExchange publishing, he will have to agree to terms & conditions, save a publisher profile, and then view the publishing home page. He will see P1 under the 'Your Uploaded Packages' section. He can click 'List It' on the package to start creating a listing (we'll call this listing L1). When a user from DE2 logs in, he will go through the same process (this listing is L2).

Now suppose that you would like to link these two listings together so that you can manage them from one login and when prospects look at your listings, they will have the same publisher information and be cross-referenced. First, you need to choose one of the orgs to be the "publisher" for both listings. Let's say you want DE1 to be the publisher. A user from DE2 will have to login, click 'Edit' on the listing L2, click 'Change Organization' under the 'Publish Under' field on the Basic tab, enter login credentials for DE1, click 'OK', and click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the page. If a user from DE1 logs in now, he will see both L1 and L2 under his listings. He will be able to edit L2 (and see metrics if it is public) as if he had created it himself. However, when he looks at the 'Your Uploaded Packages' section, he will still only see P1. If a user from DE2 logs in, he will continue to see his listing L2 and his uploaded package P2.

At this point, you could pretty much forget about the DE2 org, except that you may want to upload another verison of its package at a later date. When you do so (call it P2.1), you will need to login using a user from DE2 to see the package. You can then go to listing L2, click 'Edit', and go to the Application tab to link this new version to the listing. Only users from the DE2 org will be able to do this. When users from the DE1 org go to the Application tab, they will see the packages linked to the listing regardless of whether the packages were uploaded from the DE1 org. They can delink any package from the listing L2, including a package that they did not upload. If they do so (and didn't upload the package from their org), the package will no longer be visible to them and a user from an uploading org would have to re-link it to L2 (if desired), just like with a newly uploaded package.

We do all this to ensure the security of the package information, but recognize that it is somewhat complex and are working on ways to make this simpler in the future.

With regard to your question about sending leads to the same org, there are no restrictions. You can set the 'Send Lead To' field on the Basic tab to any org that you own that has Web-To-Lead enabled. This could be your ISV org or your Salesforce account (if you are a Salesforce customer as well).

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further help.

Ryan

All Answers

shillyershillyer

You can also create a single profile to manage apps created in different Salesforce organizations. This allows AppExchange users to associate all your apps with a single publisher identity. It also allows you to manage all listings from a single login.

More explained here:

https://sites.secure.force.com/appexchange/resource/1237050882000/help/Content/appexchange_publish_profile.htm

To associate a listing with this profile, select this profile with the Publish Under field in the app listing Basic tab.

It's a setting you define when creating your listing. Just enter the username/password of the org that will act as the single publisher.

Hope that helps,

Sati

DSLDSL

Thanks, I see that now. But it still sounds like if we have 2 DE each with their own managed package, that we still have to maintain 2 logins to the publisher site. But the listings can be shared and the same isv account can get leads. So on the outside, it looks like one person, but we still have 2 logins.

Does that sound like I understand it?

Thank you!

DSL

RyanEllisRyanEllis

Admittedly, this is a little complicated so let me see if I can explain through some examples. Suppose you have 2 DE orgs (DE1 and DE2) that have uploaded packages (P1 and P2, respectively). When a user from DE1 logs into AppExchange publishing, he will have to agree to terms & conditions, save a publisher profile, and then view the publishing home page. He will see P1 under the 'Your Uploaded Packages' section. He can click 'List It' on the package to start creating a listing (we'll call this listing L1). When a user from DE2 logs in, he will go through the same process (this listing is L2).

Now suppose that you would like to link these two listings together so that you can manage them from one login and when prospects look at your listings, they will have the same publisher information and be cross-referenced. First, you need to choose one of the orgs to be the "publisher" for both listings. Let's say you want DE1 to be the publisher. A user from DE2 will have to login, click 'Edit' on the listing L2, click 'Change Organization' under the 'Publish Under' field on the Basic tab, enter login credentials for DE1, click 'OK', and click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the page. If a user from DE1 logs in now, he will see both L1 and L2 under his listings. He will be able to edit L2 (and see metrics if it is public) as if he had created it himself. However, when he looks at the 'Your Uploaded Packages' section, he will still only see P1. If a user from DE2 logs in, he will continue to see his listing L2 and his uploaded package P2.

At this point, you could pretty much forget about the DE2 org, except that you may want to upload another verison of its package at a later date. When you do so (call it P2.1), you will need to login using a user from DE2 to see the package. You can then go to listing L2, click 'Edit', and go to the Application tab to link this new version to the listing. Only users from the DE2 org will be able to do this. When users from the DE1 org go to the Application tab, they will see the packages linked to the listing regardless of whether the packages were uploaded from the DE1 org. They can delink any package from the listing L2, including a package that they did not upload. If they do so (and didn't upload the package from their org), the package will no longer be visible to them and a user from an uploading org would have to re-link it to L2 (if desired), just like with a newly uploaded package.

We do all this to ensure the security of the package information, but recognize that it is somewhat complex and are working on ways to make this simpler in the future.

With regard to your question about sending leads to the same org, there are no restrictions. You can set the 'Send Lead To' field on the Basic tab to any org that you own that has Web-To-Lead enabled. This could be your ISV org or your Salesforce account (if you are a Salesforce customer as well).

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further help.

Ryan

This was selected as the best answer
DSLDSL

Thanks Ryan, that's exactly what I needed!

Best,

DSL