function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
admintrmpadmintrmp 

How does the force.com checkout work?

If I wanted to sell an application on the AppExchange, how would I go about this? And what happens?

Or would I need to implement a way in my application to do this? I've not seen any features or links to this and would like to know what happens.

If there is a link to a page with all the information about how this works, that would be fantastic.

Thanks

Ed ParkEd Park

Hi.

Checkout is still in Pilot and over the past month we've made an assessment about the overall program. We feel that we need to make some technical changes to the program for it to be successful as a partner offering, and as a result we are keeping the program closed to new partners until we make those changes. We should have more information over the next 4-8 weeks.

I certainly understand your desire to use Checkout for your partner commerce needs. We want to make sure that the partners who do sign up experience a level of quality that justifies their participation in the program. In the near future we should have a solution that will address your needs to handle partner commerce.

admintrmpadmintrmp

Okay, so how would it work when it's done?

The force.com checkout is used to buy/rent the application right?

shillyershillyer

Force.com Checkout allows customer to purchase Force.com apps built by partners. The customer would install your app, and then go to Force.com Checkout to purchase licenses of your app.

Best,

Sati

infoweldernickinfoweldernick

Sati,

Any update on this?  Are you planning on opening this up to all managed partner applications soon?