function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pblzpblz 

Package install failing

Hi all,

I am receiving an ambiguous error (via email) when trying to install a package I have created mysellf into a platform org.

Any help in decyphering it would be much appreciated.

In the below error People_By_Job is a "Custom Report Type" bundled in the package.

At first glance it looks like the org is hitting a limit on the number of "Custom Report Types" that can be installed?? (not sure...)

However the package only contains 7 Custom Report Types, I thought the limit was 30.

Thanks in advance for anyhelp!

Your request to install package "MEMforce 1.0b" was unsuccessful. None of the data or setup information in your Salesforce organization was affected. If your install continues to fail, contact Salesforce Support through your normal channels and provide the following information. Organization: SEIU Local 73 - Platform Edition (00D80000000blp1) User: Admin User (00580000001pc5k) Package: MEMforce (0338000000061ko) Problem: 1. () limit exceeded People_by_job: limit exceeded Validation Errors While Saving Record(s) There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "00D80000000blp1: VALIDATION_FAILED [: limit exceeded: People_by_job: limit exceeded]".

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
pblzpblz

Hi all just to you know this one is solved.

Turns out the org was provisioned with a limit of 5 custom report types?? (where they got that number I have no idea).

It's since been bumped to 30 as it should have been and the package installed successfully.

Patrick

All Answers

shillyershillyer

According to the doc, it's 30 for Enterprise Edition, but it's 10 for Professional and Developer Edition. What edition is the destination org? And does it already have custom reports type defined?

Best,

Sati

Message Edited by shillyer on 05-06-2009 03:43 PM
pblzpblz

Hi all just to you know this one is solved.

Turns out the org was provisioned with a limit of 5 custom report types?? (where they got that number I have no idea).

It's since been bumped to 30 as it should have been and the package installed successfully.

Patrick

This was selected as the best answer