function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dfcdfc 

{!} References not Referencing Namespace in Managed Package

I have a simple VisualForce window that works fine in my DE org.  It is basically a shell that passes context via {!} expressions to a Flex swf file.  Here is the source in the DE org:

<apex:page standardController="A_R_Summary__c" sidebar="true" showHeader="true">

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="SliderGraphic" width="100%" height="100%"
          codebase="https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab">
    <param name="movie" value="{!$Resource.SliderGraphic}" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#869ca7" />
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="flashVars" value="arId={!A_R_Summary__c.account__r.id}&arDate={!A_R_Summary__c.Date__c}&accountId={!A_R_Summary__c.id}" />
    <embed src="{!$Resource.SliderGraphic}"
           width="100%"
           height="300"
           quality="high"
           bgcolor="#869ca7"
           name="SliderGraphic"
           align="middle"
           play="true"
           loop="false"
           quality="high"
           allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"
           type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
           pluginspage="https://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"
           flashVars="arId={!A_R_Summary__c.account__r.id}&arDate={!A_R_Summary__c.Date__c}&accountId={!A_R_Summary__c.id}">
    </embed>
  </object>
</apex:page>

Problems occur when I install it in another org.  The controller reference is updated with the namespace, but the {!} references are not.  The page cannot render and generates the error:

Unknown property 'testdfc1__A_R_Summary__cStandardController.A_R_Summary__c'

Here is the page in the installer org:

<apex:page standardController="testdfc1__A_R_Summary__c" sidebar="true" showHeader="true">

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="SliderGraphic" width="100%" height="100%"

codebase="https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab">

<param name="movie" value="{!$Resource.SliderGraphic}" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="bgcolor" value="#869ca7" />

<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />

<param name="flashVars" value="arId={!A_R_Summary__c.account__r.id}&arDate={!A_R_Summary__c.Date__c}&accountId={!A_R_Summary__c.id}" />

<embed src="{!$Resource.SliderGraphic}"

width="100%"

height="300"

quality="high"

bgcolor="#869ca7"

name="SliderGraphic"

align="middle"

play="true"

loop="false"

quality="high"

allowScriptAccess="sameDomain"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

pluginspage="https://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"

flashVars="arId={!A_R_Summary__c.account__r.id}&arDate={!A_R_Summary__c.Date__c}&accountId={!A_R_Summary__c.id}">

</embed>

</object>

</apex:page>

As you can see, the controller attribute is updated to include the namespace, but the other references are not.  If I attempt to manually prefix these {!} references in the DE org with the namespace, I cannot save the file.

Can someone help me?  Thanks!

Dave

A_SmithA_Smith

Can you send me your org ID in a private message and I'll take a quick look?  Please grant salesforce login access.

CliffACliffA

We just encountered a similar issue and it's got us into a bind.  We have VisualForce pages in a DE org that has an assigned namespace.  When we install the package on an enterprise site and attempt to access some of our VF page we get the error:

Unknown property 'cv__Volunteer_Job_Shift__cStandardController.Volunteer_Job_Shift__c'

This happens from a standard page for a custom object with custom buttons that navigate to our VF pages.

Has there been any progress on the original issue noted in this post?

paulo.orquillopaulo.orquillo

I'm experiencing the issue on one of our Org.

DE Org works fine, but when managed package is installed on another org throws the same error unknown property ___

Can you give an update on how to resolve this issue?

bmabma

Hi Paulo,

Can you post an example of your markup? I can probably give you some workaround.

Billy

gsarguccigsargucci

Hi,

Has anyone heard what the resolution to these issues may have been?  We're not running into an almost identical error/situation with a VF page that does PDF rendering?  Could anyone share what they may have found and how this may have been resolved?

Thanks!

Alex