function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sususudiosususudio 

Infopia creating "orphan" cases automatically in Salesforce

I have a client using a third-party app called "Infopia" and it seems that the Salesforce email to case won't work properly. We turned on the Email to Case (on demand), verified and routed the email address, disabled the email service from Infopia, and then it seemed that all emails coming into the routed email address opened new cases - most of them orphan cases not connected to any contact.

I created a test account, put myself in as a contact with my personal email address and emailed the client's routed email address. Not only did the case appear standalone (i.e. not connected to my contact record), but it defaulted to "ebay" as the "marketplace".

I tested the Salesforce email to case in the client's sandbox environment and it worked perfectly.

I know this is alot, but if there is anyone out there who is currently using Infopia and is familiar with their connection to Salesforce and have had similar issues, I really need some help to fix this.

Thanks.

CloudConversionCloudConversion

Hi Sue, I've seen that problem, but Email-to-Case is not the answer.  My company, Cloud Conversion, is about to launch a new app on the AppExchange to address these types of issues, as well as help streamline the entire process of answering email and eBay questions directly from Salesforce.  I'll be happy to let you know when it's available.

Thanks,

Jon

jon@cloudconversion.com