function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
metaforcemetaforce 

URGENT | Insufficient privileges through Partner Portal login after deploying managed package

We deployed managed beta package on our sandbox environment and since then we haven't been able to access a VF page which displays Account details on a tabbed layout. This custom VF page includes default related lists as well as other custom VF pages in tabs. It throws an "Insufficient Privileges" error.

On sandbox after deployment, we can access this page internally as admin profile user, but the partner portal user with Gold Partner Usr profile sees this error. Noticed an odd thing that on the Gold Partner Profile Edit page, no class deployed in the managed package is visible in the "Enabled Apex Class Access" section, is this the expected behavior? Can I assume that the partner user profile will have access to these classes? Is it because of the missing classes here or some other reason?

Need an immediate help here. Any pointer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
metaforcemetaforce

We were able to resolve the issue with Salesforce's help. The only point which we missd out during the entire process was that we did not deploy the package after intalling it on sandbox.

This is what the documentation (https://na6.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/distribution_deploying_packages.htm) says:

"However, custom objects are hidden and workflow rules are inactive until you deploy them. Deploy an installed custom object and activate any workflow rule after making the necessary customizations for your organization."

Thanks for the support.

Best

metaforce

All Answers

shillyershillyer

Is the custom VF page in the "Enabled Visualforce Page Access" in the Partner User Profile? When you install a package, you should select "Grant access to all users" or "Select security settings" and give access to the specific profiles. Take a look at step 10 and 11 in the doc.

Hope that helps,

Sati

metaforcemetaforce
Thanks for replying Sati. I checked that the Partner User Profile has access to all VF pages that came along with the package, but the "Security" option does not appear for managed package classes. Is this normal or have I missed something during packaging on dev org and/or deployment on sandbox?

I chose the option "Grant access to all users"when installing the package. I noticed that the profiles did get included in the package on dev org, but they did not get deployed on sandbox. Is it because I chose the option "Grant access to all users" and not "Select security settings"? Is there any other permission required after choosing "Grant access to all users"?

Can you also take a look at another post where I have asked the same question and provided more information there:

If I turn off the custom account detail view and use the native one, am able to see the account details, but all the custom object related lists seem to be missing. Is it because of the missing permission on any related custom object?
Message Edited by metaforce on 06-08-2009 08:08 AM
metaforcemetaforce

We were able to resolve the issue with Salesforce's help. The only point which we missd out during the entire process was that we did not deploy the package after intalling it on sandbox.

This is what the documentation (https://na6.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/distribution_deploying_packages.htm) says:

"However, custom objects are hidden and workflow rules are inactive until you deploy them. Deploy an installed custom object and activate any workflow rule after making the necessary customizations for your organization."

Thanks for the support.

Best

metaforce

This was selected as the best answer