function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pabramspabrams 

URGENT - Cannot upload package after weekend SF update

I have a Managed Package that I've uploaded 20 times in the past couple of months, as recently as last week. However, after the SalesForce weekend updates I can no longer upload this package.

My package passed the unit tests and I was prompted to enter a version number, then I clicked Continue and got a cryptic error message on the "Validate Package" page:

Component Type: Visualforce Page
Name: Opportunity_Detail
Problem: Component c

I noticed that SF automatically made two changes to my source code after Friday night's update:

1. All of my meta files have been updated to API version 15 (from 14.)

2. My package prefix is automatically inserted into all PageReferences whenever I edit (or sync) a Visualforce Page or Apex Component. Previously the package prefix was not in source code. SF automatically replaces the package prefix even if I manually edit it back out.

I am able to shift the error around to other pages or components by
removing PageReferences from Visualforce Pages and Apex Components,
however, I really do need those in my app.

Please advise. I need to build this package urgently to meet our deadlines.

Cheers,

Paul

Message Edited by pabrams on 06-08-2009 01:20 PM
Message Edited by pabrams on 06-08-2009 01:20 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
A_SmithA_Smith

A fix was released tonight for this issue.  Please feel free to try your uploads. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Best, 

All Answers

A_SmithA_Smith

Hi Paul,

Have you logged a case with support?  If not, will you please do so and post the case number.  I'll follow-up with it from there.

Thanks,

pabramspabrams
Thanks for the rapid response Andrew. I've logged case # 02711506 (which also has my contact info)

Cheers,
Paul
pabramspabrams
So far this regression seems to break any packages that have references between pages or components. The "component c" error seems to appear beside the page or component name that is being referenced by some other page or component. It seems like the validator is no longer able to find the referenced page or component.

It's easy to avoid using PageReferences, but components are essential for any non-trivial app :/
Message Edited by pabrams on 06-11-2009 02:39 PM
pabramspabrams
Hi Andrew,

The latest news from support today is that a fix is currently being tested and will then be scheduled for release.

For what it’s worth, we’re in a day-by-day product launch slip due to this regression, so every day matters to us at this point. We would greatly appreciate a fast-tracked release over a normal release if at all possible.

Cheers,
Paul
A_SmithA_Smith

We have a fix ready and are beginning testing of it today.  If all goes well, we are targetting a release of the fix Thursday evening.  I'll post back to this thread if we find any issues and the Thursday date slips.

Again, thank you for your patience.  I know this has take longer than expected, so appreciate the understanding.

Best, 

pabramspabrams
Thanks Andew, I'll try to build the package on Thursday night and/or Friday morning.

Cheers,
Paul
A_SmithA_Smith

Hi Paul,

I wanted to let you know that the fix is not being released today.  Issues were discovered during testing and are currently under investigation.  The next opportunity to release this fix is Monday evening, assuming the issues we discovered are resolved.  The change that we are making is fairly core to the platform, which is why we’re being a little more cautious than normal.  We want to make sure we get it right and don't regress anything else.

My apologies for the delay.  I know you need this fixed to move forward and I assure you as soon as we are confident with the change it will be released. 

Thanks, 

A_SmithA_Smith

A fix was released tonight for this issue.  Please feel free to try your uploads. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Best, 

This was selected as the best answer