function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mattdarnoldmattdarnold 

Metadata API access for professional edition users

Hi - can someone confirm whether or not a user on professional edition can access the metadata API - i.e. can a partner use the metadata API the same way they'd be able to use the standard API to provide application functionality despite a professional users lack of API access?

Not sure if this is the right place for this question...

-- Matt

cgosscgoss

No, only Enterprise, Unlimited, and the force.com edition have API access (see this link). You have to login using the webservice API, so even if you could access the metadata API from Professional, you couldn't login.

mattdarnoldmattdarnold

Right, but what if this were a certified app? I'd be able to use the standard API in a certified app - so would the same be true of an app using the metadata api?

-- Matt

cgosscgoss
Oh, now that I don't know. I wasn't aware that SF Certified applications had different access then normal. My mistake...
Mitesh SuraMitesh Sura
Matt,

Certified apps are no different as well. You can get client id, but that is good for SOAP and REST calls only. It will not support Metadata and Bulk API. See this link for more details http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/packagingGuide/Content/dev_packages_api_access.htm

Having said that, did you find any woraround?