function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dfcdfc 

Managed-Beta After Managed-Released

We have a new package on the AppExchange that is Managed-Released status.  Let's call it release 1.0.

Of course, we plan on enhancing and re-releasing this package over time.  What is the best practice for creating a test release for internal QA to install and test before releasing subsequent versions to our customers?  Assume that we will eventually release Managed-Release 2.0 to our customers.

Can you create a Managed-Beta version for QA after you have a Managed-Released version on the AppExchange?  This second QA release would of course have to be modified often during QA as bugs were fixed, and then finally "converted" to a Managed-Released 2.0 status. 

If you cannot do this, what is the best practice for the Released->QA->Released->QA->Released... cycle??

Thanks!

Dave

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
A_SmithA_Smith

Hi Dave,

Basically, you will want to upload as managed-beta for your QA testing.  Then after that is complete and you are ready to release v1 to your customers, you'll upload as managed-released.  Repeat same process for v2.  Does that make sense?

Thanks, 

All Answers

A_SmithA_Smith

Hi Dave,

Basically, you will want to upload as managed-beta for your QA testing.  Then after that is complete and you are ready to release v1 to your customers, you'll upload as managed-released.  Repeat same process for v2.  Does that make sense?

Thanks, 

This was selected as the best answer
dfcdfc

That makes perfect sense.  Thanks, Andrew!

Dave

DowithforceDowithforce

Hi Dave,

I need to do same process but for my beta version manage  package giving page not found after installtion

to other developer account.

I have read on forum to add  namespace like following to page name

<namespace>__<pagename>

still it  is not working, can you please help me out?

Thanks