function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
my_sforcemy_sforce 

Package Install error

Hello,

I am trying to install a package in my Salesforce with a URL I have.

I get the following error -

Duplicate Name The name "Portfolio_Managers__c" is already used on component type: Custom Object Definition. Please rename existing component.

Any help shall be great..

Thanks

aalbertaalbert

Are you installing an unmanaged package? Have you already installed this package before? 

It looks like the component "Portfolio_Manager__c" already exists, and unmanaged package installations don't support updates/upgrades of existing components. You can rename the component that already exists so the install works. Or change the component name in the unmanaged package - if you have access to the source. 

my_sforcemy_sforce

Yes, I am installing Unmanaged package.

Basically, I am installing the package to have move my components from my Sandbox to Production organization.

I am hesitant to change the name of my components in Production organization. Is there a way to enable auto-renaming of the components??

Or else, if I change the name of my components in sandbox version, how do I handle this once the package is installed in my Production organization? I mean what will be the changes I will have to do ?

Please let me know the same.

Thanks

shillyershillyer

I am hesitant to change the name of my components in Production organization. Is there a way to enable auto-renaming of the components??

So are you saying the package is already in your production org? You cannot upgrade an unmanaged package. You would need to uninstall the old unmanaged package, and then install your new managed package to prevent this duplicate name conflict.

Another option, you turn this unmanaged package into a managed package (must be done in a Developer Edition org), and then you can install upgrades. Managed Packages support this.

Or you use the Change Sets, to migrate your changes from Sandbox to Production.

Hope that helps,

Sati 

Gug ChilGug Chil
Not all components are available in an unmanaged package, and not all components support automatic renaming during unmanaged package installation.
Only the following components ARE automatically renamed by salesforce:
Reporting Snapshot
Dashboard
Document
Email Template
Folder
Letterhead
List View

For more details see page 34 on this document

http://resources.docs.salesforce.com/218/14/en-us/sfdc/pdf/salesforce_packaging_guide.pdf