function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EckingEcking 

Intermittent accuracy of Salesforce International Mapping using Google Maps

Hi

I have just installed the free Salesforce International Mapping using Google Maps app and it's great, except that for some addresses it is displaying the wrong location. I have done a few tests and with some addresses, for seemlingly no reaso, it displays incorrectly. 

I have verified the addresses using google maps and they are correct.

I am using the standard Salesforce billing address fields.

Has anyone else experienced this/got any advice?

Thanks

siv001siv001

Hi,

When you compared the address on the component vs Google Maps did you do this by clicking the map icon in the component then clicking on the hyperlink 'Show in Google' (which appears in the bubble next to the map icon)

The reason for going through the hyperlink is that extact address as passed to the api will be used on Google Maps. The component doesn't use commas for example which impacts how the address is geo-coded by Google. Commas aren't used as his helps with international address lookups as not all countries have the same ordering of address fields.

Sometimes tweaking the address helps Google to find the address better on the API, for example using full name not abbreviated names for citys, streets, etc. So Glebe Road vs Glebe Rd.

When I was building the application I sometimes noticed that I got different results from using the Google Maps API vs Google Maps in browser.

Hope this helps.....

Mark