function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sandipmsandipm 

Creating test drive - disabling IP ranges Urgent

Hi ,

We have published a app on AppExchange recently. We created a test org and attached it to Test Drive.

but problem is when someone tries to do test drive, it asks for Activation link. This problem seems to be

related with IP restriction. as I added a IP of friend who is on other network and I enable IP access for him

He could Test drive it without being asked for activation link. 

Now my question is how to disable IP restriction on Test drive org? as people are trying our app, and they are being asked for Activation link for Test Drive. also its not possible to define IP ranges for all the IPs?

regards

Sandip 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AshishTomarAshishTomar

Well thats my point - I dont know if it matters, but i create the test org FROM the appexchange not from the partner portal.

Just click the "Create Test Drive" link to create the test org - this will create a test org with your app already installed.

Hope this makes sense and helps 

All Answers

AshishTomarAshishTomar

Hi Sandip,

Hmm..I havent seen this issue with our test drive account. Just to be sure, you created this test drive account from the Appexchange publishing pages, right?

sandipmsandipm

Thanks,

We are creating Test orgs from partner portal...how to create test drive org from publishing page?

AshishTomarAshishTomar
Login to appexchage -> Publishing -> Edit Listing -> Go to Offering Tab -> You will see "Create Test Drive"
sandipmsandipm

Yes I am doing same...after that under change organization I am giving login/passwords of test org we created 

via partner portal.

regards,

Sandip 

AshishTomarAshishTomar

Well thats my point - I dont know if it matters, but i create the test org FROM the appexchange not from the partner portal.

Just click the "Create Test Drive" link to create the test org - this will create a test org with your app already installed.

Hope this makes sense and helps 

This was selected as the best answer
sandipmsandipm

It looks like problem is solved. previously it was not sending us registration details for admin and eval user.

now it failed creating admin user but created eval user and send back login/passwords.

Thanks Arun!!  

sandipmsandipm

I created one more test drive with different name but again it didnt send credentials for admin@testdrive.demo

:(

sandip 

RyanEllisRyanEllis

When you create a new Test Drive from the AppExchange, you should receive two emails with user credentials. One email will be for admin@<your-testdrive-name>.demo and the other will be eval@<your-testdrive-name>.demo. You will not get an email for admin@testdrive.demo, unless that happens to be your <your-testdrive-name> value and I'm pretty sure that is already taken.

You should ALWAYS create your test drives from the AppExchange. The test drives created from the AppExchange are specially enabled so that they are not deleted over time and are open to all IP ranges. Test orgs that you request from the Partner Portal are not test drives. They will be deleted after a fixed amount of time and they are not open to all IP ranges by default.

Best,

Ryan

Leo BarnoskiLeo Barnoski
Is it possible we can get the fully tested version of this ? I want to integrate with my drive test milton (https://thedrivingtutors.com/drive-test-milton/" target="_blank) website.