function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AquacdrAquacdr 

Testing LMO

Goal:

I'm trying to  create a demo package that demonstrates to a prospective client how we could package up their product and license it.  Based on this I don't want to go thru the whole appexchange process of getting the app approved yet as the app is not ready.  We are just trying to understand completely if it will meet their needs.  Based on that I've done the following:

1.  Created a developer org

2.  Installed and created a LMA in that developer org

3.  Creation of a package

What I'm stuck on is there some type of sandbox environment for the appexchange where I could post this...assign the license and then install it in a few developer orgs to show the client exactly what this does?

cgosscgoss
You can create and install managed packages without actually posting the package on the Appexchange. I don't know if this will be enough, but it would demonstrate the deployment model end to end. It just wouldn't show the "store front" for the app.
AquacdrAquacdr
Would it create a license in the license object of LMA?
cgosscgoss
I would think you could setup the license management stuff in the appexchange publisher application without actually listing the app publicly, as the LMO setup is separate from the listing.
gv007gv007

Cgoss,

Did you have any proper documentation or steps to setup LMA with out listing.Videos and LMA documentation is not much helpful in this problem.

can you post some steps.

Thanks

Gopi

aalbertaalbert
If this is solely for a prototype and the application is not ready to be distributed yet, I recommend mocking this all up in a seperate Developer Edition org with a dummy namespace, and a seperate LMO. Meaning, do not use your "real" org nor the desired namespace to do this test since there is impact of setting the package contents to Managed-Released and you can not modify the associated LMO to the package after you complete these steps.
Prerequisites:
1. Install LMA into the desired org.This will become your permanent LMO (org where you manage licenses).
Steps:
1. Upload a Managed-Released package (please be aware of the impact of creating a Managed-Release package. some components become locked as mentioned here) 
2. Log into the appexchange publishing console with the same username/password credentials that uploaded the package
3. Once logged in, click Publishing -> find your Managed package and click "Manage Default Licenses"
4. Register
5. Fill out the default licenses including configuring the LMO. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AN EDITABLE SETTING. ONCE YOU ASSOCIATE A PACKAGE WITH AN LMO, YOU CAN NOT UNDO IT OR MODIFY THAT AT A LATER DATE.
6. Now you can install the Package into the desired org. When complete, a lead and license will be created in the LMO for that installation. If you have not specified a Site license, in the installation org, you will see a "manage license" link next to the package under Setup -> View Installed Packages.

Andrew