function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bob17bob17 

How do I know if an Org is a non-profit/NGO

We would like to match the discounting SFDC offers to non-profits and NGOs (10 free then 50% off) but need some way to determine if the org is one that SFDC has "granted" the special non-profit arrangement.  Does anyone know how we can determine this?

Also, is there anything special about these orgs or is it just a pricing arrangement?

Thanks

shillyershillyer

You would know if the org has the Nonprofit Starter Pack installed.

Hope that helps,

Sati

bob17bob17

Do all orgs that receive the non-Proft / NGO discount from SFDC have to install the nonprofit Starter Pack?  Any recommendations on how to verify this?  We are an ISV and we get very little info from the LMA regarding the type of org our profuct has been installed into (org type and orgID).

shillyershillyer

I believe most nonprofits trial the nonprofit edition directly, so it's already preinstalled. If you have questions about specific numbers, I'd suggest calling the Foundation and speaking with someone in the sales team.

In regards to determining if it's already installed, you may want to review the describe calls to see if there's an object/tab you can look for in your app to check if it's installed.

Hope that helps,

Sati