function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Developer129Developer129 

Problem using 'Entertainment Expense Management' from AppExchange

Hi Guys,

I am fairly new to saleforce. Was trying to install and evaluate the 'Entertainment Expense Management' app on appexchange http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016YJGEA2 however wasnt able to evaluate the application fully. In most of the options I get error message 

"Insufficient Privileges You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary."

Would really appreciate any help

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ReidCReidC

In most cases Test Drive will not let you create objects -- it's read only access.  The best way to evaluate is to install into an org.  So, for example, I just installed it into a new DE org (which, BTW, you can get as many of those as you like), created a ticket block and a ticket request.  Hope that helps.  Drop me a note if you'd like more detail.

Cheers!

All Answers

shillyershillyer

That sounds odd, what edition are you installing into? Have you deployed the app and made sure your profile has access to the custom objects?

Hope that helps,

Sati

Developer129Developer129

Hi Sati,

Thanks for the quick reply. The edition I am installing into is developer, also tried deploying the app but to no avail. My profile is System administrator and it does have full access to the custom objects.

I tried to Test Drive the app as well but whenever I tried to 'Ticket Request' from the predefined 'Ticket Block' values i get the same error

"Insufficient Privileges You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary."

ReidCReidC

In most cases Test Drive will not let you create objects -- it's read only access.  The best way to evaluate is to install into an org.  So, for example, I just installed it into a new DE org (which, BTW, you can get as many of those as you like), created a ticket block and a ticket request.  Hope that helps.  Drop me a note if you'd like more detail.

Cheers!

This was selected as the best answer