function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
paul-lmipaul-lmi 

please fix the upload process

When I upload a managed package, I get an install URL and confirmation email within a minute or two.  I can't add this package to the AppExchange for "up to 30 minutes", and I can't start the security review on it until I can do that.

This process is painful.  Please fix the clear issues with having this process bridge across multiple internal Salesforce platforms.

A_SmithA_Smith

Do you find that it normally takes 30 minutes?  99% of the time it should be ready in under a minute.

paul-lmipaul-lmi

I've never been able to upload a package and then push it to the AppExchange in anything less than 20 minutes.  I actually have to plan it so that I do the upload, and then come back 20 minutes later to assign it to our AppExchange listing.

They started doing this under the covers security scan for every upload, and I'm sure that didn't help either.  Every time I upload, I get an email thanking me for contacting the partner program support (no I didn't), and an emailed PDF with the security scanner results.

ca_peterson_oldca_peterson_old

Andrew, if it's on the same instance it works in about a minute for me generally, but across instances I have a 10-15 minute wait on average.

paul-lmipaul-lmi

I think you're missing what I'm getting at Andrew.  It's not the initial upload, where I'm in my own instance, hit Upload, and am then presented with a URL.  The upload is definitely less than a minute.  It's the steps after that, where I'm in the publishing area of the AppExchange, and I want to assign my newly uploaded package.  The package will be listed there, but I can't do anything with it for 10-15 minutes after the package is uploaded from my instance.

RyanEllisRyanEllis

There is an intentional time delay on the AppExchange right now to prevent you from listing your package publicly before it is ready to be installed. Currently, that time delay is 10 minutes. This is because although you can see the package name, the xml file that defines the package is still being replicated around to all of our servers. If you tried to install the package from the same instance from which the package was uploaded, you would be able to do it right away. The issue comes when someone tries to install it from another instance. Internally, we're discussing ways to lessen this time delay or eliminate it entirely.

With regard to the security scan, that indeed is new, but it doesn't affect the 10 minute time delay in any way. The security scan only occurs when you submit your new package for security review. If this is a subsequent version of a package that has already been approved, you should get approval immediately and the security scan is kicked off asynchronously in the background. The feedback from it is meant to help you address security issues early in your development process. If this is the first time your are getting your package security reviewed, the process takes longer as it gets handed off to our internal security review team for review. This can take several days.

Ryan Ellis

Sr Product Manager, AppExchange