function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saraha@groupesci.comsaraha@groupesci.com 

Limits for Aloha Packages

Hello,

I understand that there are limits on a Professional Edition that can be increased/removed for an Aloha App. In the documentation, it states:

========================================================

Apps/Objects/Tabs Limit Immunity

All salesforce.com editions have limits that restrict the number of apps, objects, and tabs that can be used. Normally this limit would be a problem if your prospective customer is already using their entire allotment of apps, objects, or tabs, but there exists a special permission that allows your app to be exempt from those limits. This means your app can be installed into any org without worrying about the normal app, object, or tab limits. To be sure, there are additional limits that will still be in effect, but they are listed here in documentation. For instance, if you have any custom objects with more than 100 custom fields, or you have more than 50 custom record types, your app will not install in GE or PE.

========================================================

Does this mean that if our app is certified as an Aloha App that we can request a higher limit for custom fields? It suggests about that each object can have 100 fields

Thanks in advance!

--Sarah Andrews

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
A_SmithA_Smith

Not for the whole package.  All field limits are per object, not per package.

All Answers

A_SmithA_Smith

Field limits still apply even if you are an Aloha app.  

saraha@groupesci.comsaraha@groupesci.com

So that means it is still max 100 custom fields in the ENTIRE package? This seems like a very low limit.

Thanks,

--Sarah

A_SmithA_Smith

Not for the whole package.  All field limits are per object, not per package.

This was selected as the best answer
AMalenaAMalena
I no longer see a way to filter on Aloha in App Exchange.  Did Aloha status get revoked, or encapsulated into another, or...?   I am finding no joy no matter where I search for info.
Milan MakwanaMilan Makwana
"To be sure, there are additional limits that will still be in effect, but they are listed here in documentation" Where can I find this documentation?