function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Keith654Keith654 

Can a "managed beta" package be submitted for a security review?

We would like to go "managed released" as late as possible in our development and so submit our "managed beta" to the security review process that is a pre-requisite of being listed on the AppExchange (paid product).

But the "Security Review" link "Start Review" only appears next to the "Your Uploaded Packages" list in the "Publishing" tab of the AppExchange. And it appears that "managed beta" packages cannot be added there.

I tried creating an unmanaged package in the same org, but now that the namespace prefix is set the unit tests fail (because of the automatic injection of the namespace prefix) and so the unmanaged package cannot be uploaded.

I have not found a clear statement on "managed released" vs "managed beta" in the documentation so would appreciate a pointer to such a statement or some other definitive answer to this question.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith654Keith654

Given no response to this I went ahead and moved to "managed released" and the package did then appear so that I could click the "Start Review" link.

So it appears that the answer to the question in the subject line is "no"; another example of the (too) coarse grained beta/release process on the platform.

RyanEllisRyanEllis

You are correct. You cannot start a security review on a managed beta package right now. This is however on our roadmap, so hopefully we can make this a bit easier for you in the future.

Ryan Ellis

Senior Product Manager, AppExchange

gv007gv007

I think you need file a Case with Security Team.