function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MATTYBMEMATTYBME 

Formula that takes an intial value and an added value?

I have a custom Section on the Account Object. It allows the Account owner to input a number. I have set up a Worflow Email Alert to notify someone if that field is greater than 0  When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria.

However, I would like the alert to fire if that field is edited and the number value is edited.

Accoutn Owner enters 4 in that field. The Alert goes out to notify someone that 4 has been added to that field.

Now lets say the Account Owner comes along and edits that field to 10. I would like the Alert to go out to that someone that the value has changed to 10.

Is there a formula for this?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve :-/Steve :-/

You shouldn't have to, here's a simple one I did to notify people who need to be kept in the loop when an Account is transferred.

Rule Name: Owner ChangeObject: AccountEvaluation Criteria: Every time a record is created or editedRule Criteria: ISCHANGED( OwnerId )

Ugh...  apparently the Code Clipboard does not like Goole Chrome

Rule NameOwner ChangeObjectAccount
ActiveCheckedEvaluation CriteriaEvery time a record is created or edited
DescriptionOwner Change Alert
Rule CriteriaISCHANGED( OwnerId )

Message Edited by Stevemo on 09-14-2009 01:47 PM

All Answers

Yes, depending on what the datatype of your target field is (Text, Number, Picklist, etc.) you want to evaluate it using a combination of the ISCHANGED and PRIORVALUE functions. 
MATTYBMEMATTYBME
Do I have to specify actual values in the formula? It is a number field.

You shouldn't have to, here's a simple one I did to notify people who need to be kept in the loop when an Account is transferred.

Rule Name: Owner ChangeObject: AccountEvaluation Criteria: Every time a record is created or editedRule Criteria: ISCHANGED( OwnerId )

Ugh...  apparently the Code Clipboard does not like Goole Chrome

Rule NameOwner ChangeObjectAccount
ActiveCheckedEvaluation CriteriaEvery time a record is created or edited
DescriptionOwner Change Alert
Rule CriteriaISCHANGED( OwnerId )

Message Edited by Stevemo on 09-14-2009 01:47 PM
This was selected as the best answer
MATTYBMEMATTYBME
Thanks i will play around but this is a help thanks.